- Capitalize and enclose in quotation marks.
- See also composition titles.
Legacy Gazebo Amphitheater: complete name for the outdoor venue.
- Use complete name upon first reference; subsequent reference is “gazebo and amphitheater.”
lesbian (noun and adj.): refers only to female homosexuals. (AP)
- See also gay and lifestyle.
- General rule is to use “fewer” for individual, countable nouns, “less” for bulk items <We had fewer concerts last year than this year. Admission is less than $45.>. (AP)
- Do not use in reference to race, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender, etc. (AP)
- Vertical lists, including those that are bulleted, numbered or otherwise marked, are best introduced by a complete sentence followed by a colon.
- Items in the list require no end punctuation unless they are complete sentences.
- If listed items run over a line, the subsequent lines are indented
<When filling out the application select the following in item 13, "Select a Major/Program":
- For the Bachelor of Music in performance, select "Music Performance."
- For the Bachelor of Music in music education, select "Music Education."
- For the Bachelor of Arts in music, select "Music.">. (CMS)
- Used as a generic name for e-mail-based mailing list software <In the future, the College of the Arts might create a listserv to publicize events and student and faculty accomplishments.>. (AP)
- Avoid these gender specific terms; use the student classification instead <This class is open only to freshmen and sophomores.>.
|Home| # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W XYZ