Information for KSU Students
Who are Volunteering for a Class Requirement
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for our students.
Please Note Policies that are Effective Summer 2012:
- Volunteers must register with VKSU prior to volunteering for any volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers can only volunteer at agencies and/or events that have been approved by VKSU prior to their start date. Agencies and/or events cannot be approved after you have you begun volunteering and/or completed your volunteer assignment. VKSU reserves the right to remove and/or add an agency and/or event at any time.
- All VKSU hours must be documented on a VKSU Service Verification Form that you obtain from the VKSU office prior to your volunteer activity.
- Letters, emails, faxes, and/or phone calls from the individual agencies will not be accepted.
- VKSU will not award volunteer credit to any volunteer who fails to follow these policies and procedures!
The Volunteering Process
- Get into our database
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application Form (pdf and Word versions here). Application forms are also available in the VKSU office, Student Center Room 267.
- You only have to complete this form one time, no matter how often you volunteer.
- Select where you want to volunteer from our volunteer options
- Classes with specific volunteer requirements. Please review the appropriate information below and select two or three agencies where you might like to volunteer.
- ECE 3590 Approved List
- Education 2120 Approved List
- HPS 1000 Approved List
- HS 2233 Approved List
- KSU 1101 / 1111 / 1121 Approved List
- Science 1101 / 1102 Approved List
- Some other classes also require volunteer service and do not have specific approved lists. Please review the information below and select two or three agencies or events that are appropriate for your class requirement.
- Dated Events - On-Campus and Off-Campus
- On-Campus Ongoing Opportunities
- Off-Campus Ongoing Opportunities by County
- Group Project Information - These projects include transportation.
- Bring your completed application form and your list of selected agencies/programs to VKSU (Student Center Room 267) during our regular business hours.
- VKSU staff will provide you with contact information for the volunteer agencies/programs you have selected. You will also be given a Service Verification Form for you to document your volunteer hours. It is your responsibility to then contact the agencies to see which agency's needs best fir your schedule.
- Note: The Service Verification Form cannot be faxed to you or sent to you via email. You must come to the VKSU office to receive it.
- After you have volunteered
- Both you and the volunteer agency complete the Service Verification Form, and then you return the form to the VKSU office.
- VKSU will send the completed Service Verification Form to your professor.
- We will keep records of your volunteering and can provide verfication of your time completed. This verification can be used in a job resume', when applying for grad school, scholarships, Greek Life, etc.
- Here are the VKSU Cancellation Policy and Procedures