SUMMER / FALL 2012 GROUP PROJECTS
Each month VKSU will offer a group project that will be open to ten (10) interested KSU students. Transportation and lunch, if applicable, will be provided by VKSU. Students will be picked up and dropped off at the Carmichael Student Center the day of the event. The dates and times of the project will be determined by VKSU, but events will always be on a Saturday or Sunday. The length of the project will typically be between 4 to 6 hours.
AUGUST Group Project
SEPTEMBER Group Project
- City of Kennesaw - Kennesaw
- Volunteers will be participating in the annual Pigs and Peaches BBQ Festival that is going to be held in downtown Kennesaw. Please check back later for more details regarding specific volunteer tasks.
- Date: Saturday, August 25
- Time: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Maximum of ten (10) volunteers needed for this assignment!
- Volunteers will receive five (5) hours of volunteer credit for this event!
- Cobb/Douglas Community Services Boards - Smyrna
- Need volunteers for the Summer Festival! This program is for the adults with developmental disabilities. The agency will have games, prizes, music, a cookout, and activities.
- Volunteers are needed to assist with all the activities listed.
- You can volunteer all day or just a few hours.
- Date: Friday, August 31
- Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
OCTOBER Group Project
- Sheltering Arms - Marietta
- Volunteers will read to preschool children during Operation StoryBook. Materials will be provided by The Sheltering Arms Center. VKSU will provide transportation for this volunteer opportunity. Volunteers will receive a VKSU t-shirt and Sheltering Arms t-shirt for participating in this event.
- Date: Saturday, September 14
- Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 am
- Maximum of 10 volunteers needed for this assignment!
- Volunteers will receive four (4) hours of volunteer credit!
- MedShare - Decatur
- Volunteers will sort and package medical supplies that will be redistributed to qualified healthcare facilities in the developing world.
- Date: Saturday, September 15
- Time: 8:15 am - 12:45 pm
- Maximum of 10 (ten) volunteers needed for this project!
- Snacks and beverages will be provided!
- You will receive 4.5 hours of volunteer credit for this project!
NOVEMBER Group Project
- AID Atlanta AIDS Walk - Atlanta
- Duties TBD - Stay tuned!
- Date: Sunday, October 21
- Time: TBD
- Maximum of ten (10) volunteers needed for this project!
- Project will be announced at a later date - will be holiday related!
For more information, please contact the VKSU office: VolunteerKSU@kennesaw.edu.