Information for International KSU Students
Who are Volunteering for the Waiver
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for our students.
Please Note Policies that are Effective Summer 2012:
- Volunteers must register with VKSU prior to volunteering for any volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers can only volunteer at agencies and/or events that have been approved by VKSU prior to their start date. Agencies and/or events cannot be approved after you have you begun volunteering and/or completed your volunteer assignment. VKSU reserves the right to remove and/or add an agency and/or event at any time.
- All VKSU hours must be documented on a VKSU Service Verification Form that you obtain from the VKSU office prior to your volunteer activity.
- Letters, emails, faxes, and/or phone calls from the individual agencies will not be accepted.
- VKSU will not award volunteer credit to any volunteer who fails to follow these policies and procedures!
Please follow these procedures:
- How to get into our database
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application Form (pdf and Word versions here). Application forms are also available in the VKSU office, Student Center Room 267.
- You only have to complete this form one time, no matter how often you volunteer.
- Select where you want to volunteer from our volunteer options
- Please review the information below and select two or three agencies or events where you might like to volunteer from the area(s) that is appropriate for your class requirement (if necessary). Please keep in mind that your volunteer assignment cannot solely be administrative work (can do some, but not the full 20 hours).
- Dated Events - On-Campus and Off-Campus
- On-Campus Ongoing Opportunities
- Off-Campus Ongoing Opportunities by County
- Group Project Information - These projects include transportation.
- Bring your completed application form and your list of selected agencies/programs to VKSU, Student Center Room 267, during our regular business hours.
- VKSU staff will provide you with contact information for the volunteer agencies/programs you have selected. You will also be given a Service Verification Form for you to document your volunteer hours. It is your responsibility to then contact the agencies to see which agency's needs best fir your schedule.
- Note: The Service Verification Form cannot be faxed to you or sent to you via email. You must come to the VKSU office to receive it.
- After you have volunteered
- Both you and the volunteer agency complete the Service Verification Form, and then you return the form to the VKSU office.
- VKSU will send the completed Service Verification Form to Mr. Will Mirandy in the Global Admission Office.
- Note: All hours for Spring 2012 semester must be submitted to VKSU by Monday, April 30. No Exceptions
- Conversation Partners
- Two weeks before the end of the semester, VKSU must contact your Conversation Partner to verify that you have met the required five (5) times face-to-face during the semester. Please come to the VKSU office and bring your Conversation Partner's full name, phone number, and email address. Please allow VKSU three (3) days to make the confirmation with your partner.
- After receiving confirmation, VKSU will contact you so that you can pick up a Service Verification Form that Mr. David Schmidt will need to sign so that you will receive your ten (10) hours of credit.
- You must then return that form to the VKSU office, and we will then send it to Mr. Will Mirandy.
- Link to more information about Conversation Partners.
- Here are the VKSU Cancellation Policy and Procedures
- Here is the VKSU FAQ.