CETL:: Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning
GUIDELINES FOR FACILITIES USE AT THE CETL HOUSE #54
Scheduling of the CETL House facilities (i.e., the Conference Room, Instructional Development Lab, and Deck) must be coordinated through CETL Clarkson, CETL Administrative Associate. The CETL House Special Event Request Form must be completed and submitted to CETL and approved by Dr. Michele DiPietro, Director, prior to announcing an event at House #54.
Use of the facilities at House #54 will generally be restricted to meetings and events directly related to the mission of CETL. Scheduling priority will be given to CETL meetings and events. However, on occasion, related meetings and events coordinated by non-CETL campus colleagues may be requested. The maximum capacity for the CETL Instructional Lab is 25 and the Conference Room is 20 (40 for a reception set-up; seating for 30 on the deck). Both rooms are equipped with presentation technology, including DVD and VHS playback. Wireless laptops may be available upon request.
- Request for use of House #54 facilities must be submitted using the CETL House Special Event Request Form located at the bottom of these guidelines. This completed form must be received by CETL at least 14 days before the scheduled event. However, all requests should be submitted as far in advance as possible to ensure space is available and requested use is approved.
- The person signing the request form, or his/her designee, will be responsible for event set-up, clean-up, food purchases, food preparation, and requests for reimbursement. Please allow at least a half hour for both set-up and clean-up (longer if food and beverage preparation is involved). Although CETL will coordinate event scheduling, he will not be responsible for any event set-up or clean-up.
- If the event is after 5:00 P.M. on a weekday or on the weekend, the person signing the request form, or his/her designee, will be responsible for securing/locking the CETL House facility when leaving. If a house key is needed for after-hour
events, you must submit a completed House 54 Key Check-out Form (located at the bottom of these guidelines) to CETL.
- Because CETL has limited Foundation funds, we do not generally reimburse for food purchases from CETL funds (Foundation or agency accounts) for non-CETL-sponsored events. If the event is approved by the CETL Director as a CETL-sponsored event, event-related expenses should be submitted to CETL within 7 days of the event. A participant list and invitation/agenda for the event must accompany any request for reimbursement.
- If you are requesting permission to serve alcohol at a CETL House event, you must submit your request and justification to CETL 30 days prior to the event in order for
CETL to have sufficient lead time to secure approval from the proper authority.
SPECIAL EVENT RESERVATION FORM