History
CETL:: Center for Excellence In Teaching & Learning
Established by President Betty Siegel in the early 1980's, CETL was one of the first centers of its type both in the state of Georgia and nationally. During its existence, past CETL Directors have initiated both on-campus and statewide programs designed to enhance teaching and student learning such as the Georgia Conference on College and University Teaching , the journal Reaching Through Teaching, KSU Faculty Leadership programs that provide an in depth focus on teaching-related issues, and a year-long New Faculty Success program.

Based upon recommendations from two CETL leadership initiatives during 2000-2001, President Siegel approved a significant restructuring of CETL designed to expand its ability to develop teaching-related programs and initiatives that will enhance faculty instruction and student success. Starting in Fall 2002, a full time CETL Director was appointed. In addition, four CETL Faculty Fellows and two Associate Directors provide leadership in advancing strategic institutional initiatives. The current Fellows are in the areas of the e-learning, student-centered learning, enhancing undergraduate research, and incorporating diversity in the curriculum, while the Associate Directors focus on mentoring for faculty and student success and the scholarship of teaching and learning.

 
CETL * 1000 Chastain Rd #5400 Cetl House # 54 * Kennesaw, GA 30144 * ph. 770.423.6410 * fax. 770.499.3253 email cetl@kennesaw.edu