CETL will sponsor two travel funding awards for undergraduate students to attend a disciplinary regional or national conference or the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) to present their undergraduate research. The deadline for applications is Monday April 13, 2009 at 5:00pm. The awardees will be announced at the Undergraduate Research Reception to be held on Monday April 27, 2009 at 5:00pm. The funding is limited to $750. There will be two awards. The undergraduate student must be a registered student at Kennesaw State University at the time of the travel to the conference. Only one application is allowed per faculty advisor. Only one application is allowed per student. Funding will be competitive. The application requires two letters: one from the undergraduate student and one from the faculty advisor.
The student’s letter must
- describe the research conducted and the results obtained
- describe the benefits the student will gain by attending the conference
- describe the time commitment that the student has to prepare for the conference and attend the conference
The faculty advisor’s letter must
- describe the conference (location, date, name, focus) where the student will be presenting, including whether the presentation will be made by the student or by the faculty member (only presentations made by the undergraduate student will be considered to receive funding)
- describe the purpose of the symposium or poster session where the student will be presenting (for example, is this poster session for undergraduate students or mainly for researchers in the field)
- describe the contribution the student has made to the research and the reason the student is deserving of the funding award
- describe the cost involved (including registration) for the travel to the conference
Please mail signed letters in one envelope to CETL (MD 5400) and e-mail both letters together as electronic copies to Dr. Amy M. Buddie, CETL Faculty Fellow for Advancing Undergraduate Research at firstname.lastname@example.org . It will be the responsibility of the individual submitting the two letters to ascertain that the proposal materials are complete when submitted. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt within 24-48 hours. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, you should immediately follow up in case there was an “electronic glitch.” It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his/her proposal has been received by CETL for processing by the deadline. The committee will not consider late or incomplete applications. The deadline for the electronic submission of the application is 5:00pm on Monday April 13, 2009. The mailing must also be made on Monday April 13, 2009.