Students in the Nurse Refresher Program must provide documented proof of the following two weeks prior to the start date of class (not required at time of course registration):
- Georgia Registered Nurse or Temporary Nursing License obtained from the Georgia Board of Nursing. Request Application for Licensure Endorsement/ Reinstatement: http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/licensing/plb/45
- Print and complete the Temporary License Form
- Must have Tdap (Tetanus with Diphtheria and Pertussis), 2 MMR or Positive Titers, Hepatitis B series or Positive Titer, Negative PPD (2 Step Skin Test required, if PPD has not been done yearly), Positive Varicella Titer or 2 Varivax Vaccines, and FLU Vaccine.
- Health Physical Form - Click here
- Checklist of Required Health Record Documents - Click here for more details on completing your documentation
- Satisfactory completion of physical examination indicating a good state of health. For admission and progression, an applicant in the refresher program must have abilities and skills according to standards listed. Click here.
- Current CPR - Certification for Health Care Providers, required through the American Heart Association (no exceptions).
- Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening (required for clinical access – previous criminal conviction may prevent admission to the program). Click here.
- Health Insurance (medical coverage)
- Malpractice Liability Insurance (1,000,000/4,000,000). Must turn in Memorandum or Certificate.
- International nurses educated outside the U.S. must be successful on the TOEFL. Acceptable scores: Computer-based 207, Paper-based 540.
- Print and complete the Authorization for Release of Records and Information form.
Online Course Fee: $1695 OnCampus Course Fee: $1395
- Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (latest edition) - 2 volume Set - Authors: Smelter, Bare, Hinkle, and Cheever. Publisher: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
- Henke's Med-Math: Dosage Calculation, Preparation & Administration. Susan Buchholz, (latest ed.) Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Dosage Calculation: A Ration-Proportion Approach. Pickar, G. and Pickar-Abernathy, A. (latest ed.) Cengage Learning.
- Diagnostics: Mosby’s Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests Reference. Pagana K and Pagana T., (latest ed.) Mosby, Elsevier Science.
- Drug Reference: Davis' Drug Guide. Deglin, Vallerand, & Russis,(latest ed.) F.A. Davis.
- IV Medications: Intravenous Medications. Gahart, B., (latest ed), C.V. Mosby.
Approximately $500 for all textbooks - (Actual prices may vary).
$50-60 (Do not purchase scrubs until your receive your clinical assignment; facility determines what you must purchase.
Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening