It is my pleasure to welcome you to the web site for the Continuing Education Division of the WellStar Health and Human Services at Kennesaw State University. Learning is a life long process and continuing education is an integral part of professional development, especially in the rapidly changing healthcare professions. While our graduate and undergraduate programs lead to formal academic degrees, our Career Development and Career Redirection Courses provide diverse stimulating learning activities intended for the life long learner. Whether you are interested in developing your knowledge in a specialty area or simply renewing your previous knowledge in order to return to practice, we have courses that should interest you.
Kennesaw State University is proud of the longstanding collaboration with local agencies within the healthcare system. Ideas for adding new programs are encouraged and invited from the healthcare community. Together, through education and practice, the challenges of healthcare can be addressed. Currently the center offers a variety of educational opportunities for healthcare professionals to encourage career development and or/career redirection. Academic support for these programs draws on the expertise of the university faculty as well as expert practitioners from the local health care systems. The courses in the greatest demand are those reflecting critical staffing needs in the healthcare system.
- Provide a learning environment focusing on leadership, service, and professional development blending academics and practice into a collaborative demonstration model
- Provide programs and services that meet the professional development, continuing education, and lifelong learning needs of nurses and other healthcare professionals in Georgia and beyond
- Provide educational opportunities for career development and career redirection for healthcare professionals in the northwest crescent of Georgia.
- Facilitate service collaborations between Kennesaw State University and the community healthcare systems.
- Strengthen collaboration between education and practice.
We welcome your input. Please contact me at email@example.com
Anne White, DSN, RN
Continuing Education Division
WellStar College of Health and Human Services