All instructors must have a Background Check & Drug Screening through Advantage www.advantagestudents.com. Select WellStar Hospital to view your results. Background Check & Drug Screening must be completed at least two weeks before the first day of clinical. Forward e-mailed Advantage payment receipt to email@example.com for reimbursement.
- Review the GAMES (Goals for Achieving Mandatory Education and Safety) Manual. This is completed annually.
- Special note for nursing this year, pg. 78-79 Patient and Family Centered Care Bundle Particularly the “Caring Moments”.
- Complete test and correct with Exam key- Repeat test until scoring a grade of 25/28 or greater
- Attend New Employee Orientation
- In addition, if you are a new faculty member or it has been longer than 3 years since you attended, you will need to attend New Employee Orientation (NEO). This year we are attending the day 2 site orientation rather than the day one system orientation. Day 2 is typically held the Tuesday after day one on Mondays. Here are the day 1 dates for 2014:
- January 06, 2014
- January 20,2014
- February 03,2014
- February 17,2014
- March 03, 2014
- March 17, 2014
- March 31, 2014
- April 14, 2014
- April 28, 2014
- May 12, 2014
- **May 27, 2014
- June 09, 2014
- June 23, 2014
- July 07, 2014
- July 21, 2014
- August 04, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- ** Sept 02, 2014
- September 15, 2014
- September 29, 2014
- October 13, 2014
- October 27, 2014
- November 10, 2014
- November 24, 2014
- December 08, 2014
- Contact Carol Westbrooks four weeks before clinical start date to register at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confidentiality & Technology Agreement (attachment)
Faculty and Student Orientation Confirmation
- Sign and Complete required fields.
Must have flu vaccine for current flu season. Fall semester flu documentation must be submitted by 2nd Friday in October – Spring semester flu documentation must be submitted with clinical paperwork.
- Name: Print your name
- School: Kennesaw State University
- Facility: Kennestone, Cobb, Windy Hill, Douglas or Paulding
- Department, Beginning and Ending Date. Nursing Staff will complete.
- Student/Faculty Signature: Sign your name
- Call your assigned unit 3-4 weeks before your clinical rotation. - See attached Excel file.
- Introduce yourself and give them a reminder of when you will be coming. Plan in visiting the unit ahead of time before you arrive with your group of students. Many units welcome you to round with a nurse for a few hours to get feel of the unit.
Please note some managers have provided their personal cell phone numbers. Only use these numbers if absolutely necessary and do not distribute them to anyone else.
- Check with your unit to see it they have any specific dress requirements
- WellStar badges must be worn at all times while on campus.
- A few questions that come up:
- Artificial nails cannot be worn by employees providing patient care and/or the processing and management of patient care equipment, medical or food. Artificial nails include any substance or device applied to natural nails to augment or enhance nails. They include, but are not limited to, bonding, overlays, inlays, wraps, tips and/or attached decorations.
- WellStar nurses are identified by wearing navy blue. Students will wear their school uniforms.
The badge request form will be submitted to WellStar security by Lillian Valdez in the Nursing Department before clinical starts.
Please call ahead and let them know when you are coming with your students so they can be prepared for the volume and will be able to get your badges made.
WellStar Kennestone Security Phone: 770-793-7780
WellStar Cobb Security Phone: 770-732-3990
Fax (preferred) to 770-732-3996 to Attention: Milton Holloway or Jason Walker
WellStar Douglas Security Phone: 770-920-6261
Fax to 770-920-6379
WellStar Paulding Security Phone 770-505-7168
e-mail all 3 contacts:
Scott Martin - email@example.com
Brent Huff - firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Evans - email@example.com
Fax to 770-505-7190
WellStar Windy Hill Security Phone: 770-644-1155
Fax to 770-644-1160
WellStar is pleased to be transitioning to a new electronic health records system “WellStar Connect”. This is a large endeavor for the system and will implemented over 3 phases. Please be sensitive to the staff as they navigate this change.
WellStar Kennestone go live Dec. 1 – Dec. 15, 2013.
WellStar Cobb, Douglas, Windy Hill, Paulding go live April 1 – April 15, 2014.
Staff will be going through training and will have a 2 week “go live” date. We ask students not be in the computer system during those 2 weeks. We do not have student access or training information for the system yet.
For the McKesson documentation system we are currently using, computer training will be completed via a computer based training module. Details to follow.
SITE AND UNIT SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In addition to the WellStar prerequisite requirements, some units provide specific instructions to facilitate a positive student experience for all