Publications in Professional Journals
- Mareno, N., Bremner, M., & Emerson, C. (2010). The use of audience response systems in nursing education: Best practice guidelines. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 7 (1), Article 32.
- Bremner. M., Aduddell, & K., Amason, J. (2008). Evidenced-Based Practices Related to the Human Patient Simulator and First-Year- Baccalaureate Nursing Students’ Anxiety. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJIN), 12, (1). http:/ojin.org/12_Bremner.html
- Jones, J. H. & Bremner, M. N. (2008, September/October). Essential steps in implementing a comprehensive testing and review program. Nurse Educator, 33(5), 206-209.
- Bremner. M., Aduddell, K., Bennett, D., & VanGeest, J. (2006). The use of Human Patient Simulators: Best Practices with Novice Nursing students. Nurse Educator, 31, (4).
- Bennett, D., Bremner, M. & Sowell, R. (2003). A partnership model to address the nursing shortage: The KSU Accelerated BSN Program, Nursing Leadership Forum, 8 (1).
- Bremner, M. & Brannan, J. (2000). A Computer Simulation for the Entry-Level RN: Enhancing Clinical Decision-Making, Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 16, 5—9.
- Bremner, M. Crutchfield, A., Kosowski, M., Perkins, J., & Williams, G. (1990) A survey of doctoral preparation of nursing faculty. Nurse Educator, March/April
- Bremner, M.& Brown, L (1986). Learning to care for AIDS clients: The practicum controversy. Nursing and Health Care, 7, (5).
- Bremner, M.& Brown, L (1986). Controversy proves Controversial: A letter of response to the editor. Nursing and Health Care, 7, (9).
- Bremner, M. (2011). Nursing Made Insanely Easy. (p. 18 – 43). Dohlonega, GA: ICAN, Inc.
- Bremner, M. (2010) Chapter 4: Physiology. In. S Rayfiield & L Manning (eds.) NCLEX- 101: How to pass. (p. 130 – 156). Atlanta, GA: ICAN Inc.
- Bremner, M. (2009). Pharmacology Made Insanely Easy. 3rd.ed In. Manning, L, & Rayfield, S. Dohlonega, GA: ICAN, Inc.
- Bennett, D., Bremner, M. & Sowell, R. (2003), In Feldman H. The Nursing Shortage: Strategies for Recruitment and Retention in Clinical Practice and Education. A partnership model to address the nursing shortage: The KSU Accelerated BSN Program. New York: Springer.
- Bremner, M., Church, L, George, D., Gonzales, I, & Spurgeon, M. (April, 2011). Best Practiced in Developing a Remediation Plan. ATI National Nurse Educator Summit, Orlando FL (National).
- Mareno, N., Emerson, C., & Bremner, M. Creative Uses of Audience Response Systems to Enhance Learning in a Nursing Fundamentals Course. Georgia Association for Nursing Education Conference, “Facilitating Excellence in Nursing Education,” Pine Mountain, Georgia, February 2010. State conference. Paper presentation (National).
- Emerson, C. & Bremner, M. (January 2009) Teaching technology in healthcare: A collaborative approach. Poster presented at Mosby’s Faculty Development Institute, Orlando, FL. (National)
- Bremner, M. (October, 2008) The Path of Learning: Strategies to Energize Educators. Paper presented to the Pennsylvania Lea due for Nurses Annual Meeting, Allentown, PA
- Bremner, M. (October, 2008) Test Taking Strategies and Mind Mapping Techniques. Paper presented to the Georgia Nursing Student Annual Convention, Columbus GA
- Emerson, C. & Bremner, M. (November 2007) Laying the foundation for technology for nursing students: Offering opportunities for visibility for health care partners. Poster presented at Nurse Educator/Nurse Executive Summit sponsored by Nursing Economics, Phoenix, AZ. (National)
- Bremner, M. & Bennett, D. (October, 2006). Best Practices and outcomes of a Partnership Model for Second Degree students: The KSU Accelerated BSN Program. Poster Presentation at the First International Symposium on Excellence in Second-Entry Baccalaureate Nursing Education: Best Practice Locally & Globally, Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
- Bremner, M. (March, 2006) Nursing Concepts Made Insanely Easy. Podium presentation at the New York Nurses Students Annual Convention, White Plains, NY. (National)
- Bremner, M. Bennett, D. & Sowell, R. (February, 2005) Measuring Outcomes of a Collaborative Partnership Model: The KSU Accelerated BSN. Poster Presentation at the SREB Annual Meeting, (National)
- Bremner, M. (February, 2005) Test Taking Success and NCLEX-RN Success. Paper Presented at the New York Nurses Students Annual Convention, Tarrytown, NY, February (National)
- Bremner, M. (April, 2005). Soaring through NCLEX-RN Success. Paper Presented to the Virginia Community College System Allied Health & Nursing Annual Peer Group Conference, Williamsburg, VA(National)
- Bremner, M. (October, 2004) The Effects of the Human Patient Simulator on anxiety and Perceptions of Confidence and comfort level of First Semester Baccalaureate Nursing Students. Paper presented at the NLN Educational Summit Meeting, Orlando, FL. (National)
- Bremner, M., Bennett, D. and Sowell, R. (October, 2004) Measuring Outcomes of a Collaborative Partnership Model: The KSU Accelerated BSN. Poster presentation at the NLN Educational Summit Meeting, Orlando, FL. (National)
- Bremner, M. (October, 2003) Soaring through NCLEX-RN Success. Key Note Address for Western Pennsylvania League of Nursing Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, (National)
- Bremner, M. (April, 2003) Soaring through NCLEX-RN Success. Key Note Address for Eastern Pennsylvania League of Nursing Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, (National)
- Bremner, M. & Church, D. (November, 2002) Using the Human Patient Simulator to promote nursing student confidence. Paper presented at the 7th National Nurse Educator Conference: Assessing Program Outcomes. Indianapolis. (National)
- Brannan, J. & Bremner, M. (2001). Decision-Making in an Online Simulated Environment, Poster session at Nursing Education 2001 Conference, Philadelphia PA (National)
- Bremner, M. & Brannan, J. (September, 2000) Enhancing Decision-Making with Computerized Clinical Simulations. Paper presented at the 13th District GNA Association. (Local)
- Bremner, M. & Intili, H. (October, 2000) Preparing Future Nursing Leaders for Practice in a Culturally Diverse Work Environment within a Large Urban Hotel. Cultural Competence in Practice Workshop. KSU
- Bremner, M. & Intili, H. (April, 2000) Development of an Academic and Community Partnership: Using the Neuman Systems Model at a Large Urban Hotel, Vancouver, BC. ( International)
Current Grant Funded Projects
- Bremner, M. & Bennett D. Intellectual Capital Partnership Program (ICAPP), Georgia Board of Regents, 2002 – 2008 $ 2,362,304
- Bremner, M. Private Partner Funds from Hospitals in Northwest Georgia, 2002- 2008 $ 480,000
Journal Reviewer for Simulation Research
- Western Journal of Nursing Research
- Nurse Educator Today