General Requirements for Admission to the Accelerated BSN to MSN Program for Foreign Born Physicians
- Admission to Kennesaw State University as an undergraduate student.
- Completed and signed application for the Foreign Born Physician accelerated BSN to MSN program with payment of applicable application fees.
- Documentation of completion of a professional degree in medicine as demonstrated by submission of an original transcript along with transcript evaluation by an authorized transcript evaluation service. The evaluation must include a calculated Grade Point Average (GPA). The degree must be determined to be equivalent to a US Baccalaureate degree in medicine from a regionally accredited university.
- Must meet the minimum score required for admission on the TOEFL or IELTS test. Minimum acceptable scores are:
- TOEFL: 80 on the Internet Version of the test; 550 on the Paper Version; or 213 on the Computer Version.
- IELTS: 6.5
- NOTE: For this program applicants must meet the minimum score requirements for admission to the graduate program
- A list of required international documents by VISA type and the list of countries from which persons do not need to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam can be found in the Graduate Catalog at http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/international_admissions.shtml. Completion of ENGL 1101 and 1102 at a US institution can satisfy this requirement.
- A certificate of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella.
- Applicants who are not US citizens must meet all international student admission requirements. (Prior to sitting for the NCLEX exam students must be US Citizens, permanent residents, or have proof of valid immigration documents.)
- Submission of a formal statement of personal goals for the program not to exceed one type-written page.
- Successful interview with faculty and program directors.
- Must meet all published application deadlines.
NOTE: Admission to Kennesaw State University is not a substitute for admission to the WellStar School of Nursing (WSON). WSON admission is an additional process.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements for Foreign Born MD Applicants
- Must meet all Nursing Program Admission Requirements.
- Must have a grade of C or better in all BSN Prerequisite Courses.
- An overall GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Must meet all published application deadlines.
Full Admission to the MSN Program requires the following:
- Complete BSN requirements and graduate with the BSN with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Successfully complete the NCLEX and obtain licensure as a registered nurse in Georgia.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required of all applicants to the MSN program. GRE scores older than 5 years (GRE reporting limit) will be considered provided the applicant can produce “official documentation” of their scores. Foreign Born Physician students must take the GRE prior to beginning MSN courses (4th semester for full-time students).
- Undergraduate research course. *
- Undergraduate statistics course. *
- Two professional letters of reference.
- NOTE: Applicants must be aware that the state examining board has the right to refuse to grant a registered nurse license to any individual regardless of educational credentials under circumstances of (1) falsification of application for licensure, (2) conviction of a felony or crime of moral turpitude; other moral and legal violations specified in the Georgia law.
*Students who have completed the equivalent of an undergraduate statistics course and a capstone research project in medical school may receive credit for NURS 4402 Nursing Research (undergraduate nursing research). Students who produce evidence of a data-based capstone research project may receive up to 4 hours credit for NURS 7746 Research I and NURS 8854 Research II (graduate nursing research). A data-based capstone research project is one in which data were collected from a sample population and data analysis was conducted.
Complete information and online forms for graduate admissions can be found at the Graduate College Admissions website (http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/).
Premium Pricing: The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is premium priced. Upon full admission to the MSN program, tuition will include the premium price fee. The premium price fee will be added to tuition in the 5th through 8th semester.
Application Deadline: March 1st for Summer Admission
Admission decisions are based on a COMPETITIVE process of evaluation of all admission materials. Due to undergraduate and graduate nursing program space constraints, admissions to this track will be determined each year based on the numbers of graduates or other attrition. Only applicants with completed application packets and those who exhibit the strongest qualities important to nursing will be considered in final admission decisions. Longevity at Kennesaw State University may also be considered.