The Department prepares engaged, innovative professionals and global citizens who are educated to enrich the lives of individuals and families for the purpose of enhancing the quality of communities.
The Department educates culturally competent professionals to develop and deliver high quality human services, locally, regionally and globally, to improve the quality of life of those they serve.
One Graduate Program—Social Work
One Undergraduate Program—Human Services
Two Certificates—Child Advocacy; Nonprofit Leadership.
- Faculty members from different disciplines and diverse experiences teach in our programs.
- Faculty members offer individual mentoring to students.
- Faculty members engage students in the classrooms and with the community.
- Faculty members conduct research on diverse topics—homelessness, global education, trauma, grief, empathy, diversity in nonprofit organizations, mental health, child advocacy and social innovation—that they incorporate into their teaching.
- Students have several “study abroad” opportunities within the department and at KSU.
Do explore our website for additional details on our programs, initiatives and activities which provide cutting edge and meaningful education for professional social work and human service practice.