Becoming a Peer Health Educator
Peer Health Educators go through a formal application, selection, & training process in preparation for presenting programs, planning activities, raising awareness, and assisting other students.
- Strong interest in preventive health and health promotion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good academic standing (2.5 GPA)
- Must be a least 18 years of age
- Must have completed at least 12 - 15 semester hours (preferred not required)
- Serve a minimum of 2 semesters
- Ability to function both as a leader and as a supportive team member
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Ability to speak openly about health topics in a positive and interactive manner (good public speaker)
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter)
- Be a positive role model for KSU students
- Develop skills in organization, presentation, communication, education, and group facilitation
- Gain experience for professional development and/or graduate school (resume booster)
- Become a certified peer educator with national recognition
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences and meet Peer Health Educators from campuses all across the country
- Gain extensive knowledge regarding health issues such as alcohol, general wellness, sexual assault/interpersonal violence, sexually transmitted infections, and stress management.
- Opportunity to meet, help, and serve others
- Be a part of a skilled leadership team
- Make new friends
- IT'S FUN!!!!
Applications are available at the Wellness Center Department (Student Recreation and Wellness Center, room 131) or by clicking on the link below. Applications should be submitted to Sabrina Petusevsky by one of the following methods:
- Fax: 770-499-3324
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 1000 Chastain Road, MD# 0301, Kennesaw, GA 30144
- Drop off: Student Recreation & Wellness Center, room 131
All majors are welcome to apply!
Click here for Peer Health Educator Application