Application and Admissions
Applications are due Aug 15-Oct 31 for the following Fall Semester.
All applicants less than 22 years of age are encouraged to consider opportunities available in your current school system under Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) before committing to this fee based program.
In order to be sure that the KSU Academy for Inclusive Learning is the best match for our applicants, we require an application packet be completed for each student. Upon entering, it is expected that students will demonstrate the following minimal requirements:
- 3rd grade reading level, preferred
- Knowledge of basic mathematics understanding and ability to use a calculator
- Ability to function independently for a sustained period of time
- No significant behavioral or emotional problems that would impact school performance
- Ability to be successful in competitive employment situations
- Desire and motivation to complete a post-secondary program
- Have a willingness to complete all assignments with support
- Successfully completed a high school program and served under IDEA
- Strongly recommended that applicant be on an active Vocational Rehabilitation caseload
A personal interview is required of all applicants and is scheduled upon receipt of the application.
Letters of recommendation from teachers are extremely important, as these describe current levels of performance across many areas.
Applicants will have typically received extensive special education services in their secondary schools, graduating with alternative diploma, and would be denied access to a traditional college degree program.
This is a two year certificate program (not an accredited college degree program). Exiting students will receive a certificate of completion in Social Growth and Development. Students will be accepted to KSU as non-degree seeking audit students.
- Application packet received and reviewed
- Student Interview
- Student accepted/not accepted into the Academy
- Upon acceptance:
- Letter of information and modified KSU application sent to student/parent
- Upon receipt, KSU application, official transcript, letter of confirmation from the high school counselor and check are sent to the KSU Admissions Office for university acceptance
- Admissions office mails letter of acceptance which includes a KSU ID #
- Student informs Academy of number
- Student is officially accepted into the Academy
Note: All applicants who complete the application and meet the “criteria for admission” may not be accepted into the Academy for Inclusive Learning however, these students may be placed on a waiting list.
Applications are not currently available.