The Sport Management major program is designed for students seeking an interdisciplinary approach to sport and recreation management. The major prepares students for entry into a wide array of career paths within the sport marketplace. Career opportunities include, but are not limited to, marketing of goods and services within professional and amateur sport, management of public and commercial recreation programs and facilities, electronic and print communication positions within sport organizations or sport media outlets and, sales and marketing in the fitness and health club industries.
||Read about Sport Management major Carlos Sanchez and his work with the Atlanta Braves.
The following are general characteristics of the B.S. in Sport Management
- Fully approved NASPE/NASSM Program since 2006
- Required 123 program credit hours
- An Adjusted Grade Point Average of 2.75 is required for admission and retention in the program
- Students choose from a selection of Sport Management Electives in order to tailor their coursework to their career goals.
- Required 12 credit hour internship taken during the graduating semester