Major Course Requirements
- NURS 3320 Concepts of Professional Nursing (1)*
- NURS 4412 Community Health Nursing (5) **
- NURS 4402 Research in Nursing (3)
- NURS 4403 Project Development in Nursing (3)
- NURS 4416 Leadership in Nursing (3)
- NURS 4418 Advanced Clinical Project (4) **
- NURS Elective (3)
* NURS 3320, the "bridge" course, serves as a substitute for the lower level nursing courses NURS 3209, NURS 3302, NURS 3313, NURS 3314, NURS 3318, and NURS 4414. Thus successful completion of 3320 results in the awarding of 27 credit hours. However, this class can be taken only once, and if you are not successful in its completion, you will be required to complete the above sophomore and junior level coursework.
** NURS 4412 and NURS 4418 have a clinical component in addition to the classroom. NURS 4412 requires 135 total clinical hours which may be offered on a flexible schedule. NURS 4418 clinical is dependent upon type of project student pursues.
All upper division major requirements, with the exception of NURS 3320, NURS 4418, and the NURS elective courses are offered online once per year. Please note, however, that some online classes do require have some on-campus classroom days.
Calendar of Courses
If you have any questions about the major course requirements, or any other aspect of the RN-BSN program, please contact an advisor to learn more.