Admission decisions for acceptance into
Kennesaw State University’s WellStar Nurse Practitioner Program are based on the overall evaluation of the following components:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited institution with a satisfactory GPA of at least 3.0.
- Minimum three years full-time professional experience as a Registered Nurse, documented in a professional résumé. (Experience must have occurred within the last five years and have involved direct patient care.) Preference will be given to those candidates with a greater amount of professional experience.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Georgia (submit copy).
- A minimum combined total score of 800 in the verbal and quantitative categories and a minimum 3.5 in the analytical writing category on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores on the revised GRE will be determined later.
- Written statement of personal program goals.
- Undergraduate physical assessment course.
- Undergraduate research course.
- Undergraduate statistics course.
- Two professional letters of reference.
The Application deadline is May 1st of each year.
If you have any questions about any aspect of the program, please contact an advisor to learn more.