Becoming a Peer Health Educator
Peer Health Educators go through a formal application, selection, & training process in preparation for presenting programs, planning activities, raising awareness, and assisting other students.
- Strong interest in preventive health and health promotion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good academic standing (2.5 GPA)
- Must be a least 18 years of age
- Must have completed at least 12 - 15 semester hours (preferred not required)
- Serve a minimum of 2 semesters
- Ability to function both as a leader and as a supportive team member
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Ability to speak openly about health topics in a positive and interactive manner (good public speaker)
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter)
- Encouraged to enroll in HPE 2900 (Peer Health Eduction) course offered each fall semester
- Be a positive role model for KSU students
- Develop skills in organization, presentation, communication, education, and group facilitation
- Gain experience for professional development and/or graduate school (resume booster)
- Become a certified peer educator with national recognition
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences and meet Peer Health Educators from campuses all across the country
- Gain extensive knowledge regarding health issues such as alcohol, general wellness, sexual assault/interpersonal violence, sexually transmitted infections, and stress management.
- Opportunity to meet, help, and serve others
- Be a part of a skilled leadership team
- Make new friends
- IT'S FUN!!!!
Applications are available at the Center for Health Promotion & Wellness(Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Wellness Trailer) or by clicking on the link below. Applications should be submitted to the Peer Health Educator Coordinator by one of the following methods:
- Fax: 770-499-3324
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 1000 Chastain Road, MD# 0301, Kennesaw, GA 30144
- Drop off: Student Recreation & Wellness Center Building, Wellness Trailer
All majors are welcome to apply!
Click here for Peer Health Educator Application