Recipe of the Month - April 2013
Meal in a Hass Avocado Half
Prep Time: < 10 minutes
Serving Size: 1/2 avocado
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn, drained
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded carrots, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 drops red pepper sauce
- 4 small bunches of radish or alfalfa sprouts
- 2 large ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, cut in half and seeded
- In a bowl, combine beans, corn, carrots, cilantro, salsa, green onion, and red pepper sauce.
- Fill each avocado shell with 1/4 bean mixture
- Garnish with sprouts and serve
*Tip: Cut a thin lengthwise slice off of the bottom of each avocado half to make the avocado stable on the plates.
Available at http://www.avocadocentral.com/avocado-recipes/Meal-in-a-Hass-Avocado-Half
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.