Recipe of the Month - February 2012
Recipe of the Month- February 2012
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Makes 3 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled or unpeeled, but in 4-inch long and ¼ to ½-inch thick fries
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, or more as needed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Coarse ground rock salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the paprika, chili powder, coriander, salt, and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
- Arrange the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until fries are crispy.
Recipe adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/sweet-potato-oven-fries-with-avocado-dip-recipe/index.html