Recipe of the Month - February 2013
Homemade Veggie Fried Rice
Serving Size: 3 Servings
- 1 small pack microwaveable plain brown rice
- Plain frozen veggies or fresh veggies (broccoili, asparagus, onion, carrots, green beans, peas) cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 eggs
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- cooking spray
- Heat 2-3 tsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes (if veggies are frozen, defrost in microwave for 30-45 minutes prior sautéing). About 30 seconds before being done, add the minced garlic.
- Meanwhile, cook the microwaveable brown rice according to package directions.
- Once veggies are done, place in large mixing bowl. Spray the same pan with cooking spray and place on low to medium heat. Scramble 1-2 eggs in bowl and then pour in pan to cook. When the eggs are done, pour in the same bowl as the veggies.
- Pour the rice into the mixing bowl as well. Add 2-3 tbsp. of the low-sodium soy sauce and mix well.
- Optional: Add chopped, grilled, or baked chicken.
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.