Recipe of the Month - March 2010
Emerald City Stir Fry
In honor of St. Patrick’s day, load up your dinner with a variety of crisp green veggies! Not only do they brighten up the traditional stir fry, but they are also rich in vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. Try experimenting with different vegetables like edamame, asparagus, and sugar snap peas.
3 tsp. canola oil, divided
2 chicken breasts, cubed
2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 Tbsp. jarred minced garlic)
1 bunch broccoli, rinsed and cut into small florets
2 cups (or 6 oz. package) frozen snow peas, thawed
1 green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into strips
½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
4 cups prepared brown rice
1 tsp. sesame oil (optional)
1. Heat 1 tsp. canola oil in a large wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 2 tsp. canola oil and garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add broccoli, snow peas, and bell pepper, raise heat to medium-high, and cook for 3 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
4. Add soy sauce, cooking 4 minutes until vegetable are crisp but tender.
5. Add chicken and stir mixture until heated through, about 2 minutes.
6. Serve on top of 1 cup brown rice, drizzled with sesame oil (optional).
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.