Recipe of the Month - March 2013
Vegetarian Nachos in a Bag
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 1 serving of whole grain tortilla chips or blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp. of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or made with 2% milk shredded cheese
- handful of romaine lettuce or baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 1/2 cup black or pinto beans (from can, drained & rinsed)
- 1 plastic, sandwhich-size baggie
- Optional: To add meat, add 1/4 cup refridgerated taco sauce with seasoned ground beef (from 18-oz. container), rotisserie chicken, or any other already-cooked protein source.
- Place tortilla chips in plastic baggie and seal. Gently squeeze the bag to crush the chips slightly.
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, microwave beans (or other protein source) on high for 30 seconds or until heated.
- Open bag of crushed chips and fill bag with beans (or other protein source). Mix with fork.
- Add other taco toppings (lettuce, salsa, cheese). Eat directly from the bag.
Modified from Betty Crocker® at http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/taco-in-a-bag/12736459-314b-4a97-a974-b5fb5cddf418
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.