Recipe of the Month - MAY 2012
Recipe of the Month- May 2012
Celebrate graduation (or the end of the semester) the healthy way with this fun and easy dessert!
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough, at room temperature (available at Publix bakery)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. margarine or butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (or Splenda®)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Optional: 1 cup strawberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (and/or vanilla flavored yogurt for dipping)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Line 15 ½” by 10 ½” jelly-roll pan with parchment paper
- On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 14” by 10” oval. Transfer to prepared pan and reshape. Cover with clean dishtowel and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a cup, mix olive oil and margarine; brush over dough. Sprinkle dough with 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar.
- Bake dough 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries; sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar. Return focaccia to oven; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fruit is juicy and dough is browned at edges.
- Slide focaccia onto wire rack using parchment paper. Loosen bottom of focaccia with spatula and remove parchment paper. Cool slightly to serve warm, or serve at room temperature. To serve, sprinkle focaccia lightly with confectioners’ sugar. Provide a small bowl of vanilla yogurt on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Facts ( per serving), recipe made with granulated sugar: Calories 195 – Total Fat 5 g – Saturated Fat 1 g – Total Carbohydrates 37 g – Dietary Fiber 2 g – Protein 4 g
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping’s Fruit Focaccia at http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/fruit-foccacia-recipe
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.