Recipe of the Month - October 2013
Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
Adapted from Cooking Light October 2013
Yields: 14 servings (Serving Size: 2 pepper halves)
- 2 center-cut bacon slices (*could use turkey bacon)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lenthwise and seeded
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Divide cheese mixture evenly to fill the pepper halves.
- Place peppers, cheese sides up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned (*could also "grill" in the skillet if you don't have an actual girll). Place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.