Recipe of the Month
Apple Pie Party Dip with Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Looking for an easy, delicious, and nutrient-rich dish for you next tailgating event or party? Try this Apple Pie Party Dip with Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/3 cups peeled, cored, and diced apple
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 (6-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas (if you can't find 5-inch whole wheat tortillas, you can use the larger ones will)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (use a tub margarine for a heart-healthy substitution)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all of the dip ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate the mixture until chilled.
- Brush the tortillas with butter, then cut them into wedges
- Arrange the wedges on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until gold brown (about 10 minutes). Let the chips cool before serving.
Nutrient Facts per serving :
Calories: 185, Total Fat: 5 g (Saturated Fat: < 1 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium: 223 mg, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Fiber: 3.5 g, Protein: 3.5 g
Recipe from FamilyFun Magazine. Available at: http://familyfun.go.com/autumn/fall-recipes/fall-snacks-appetizers/apple-pie-party-dip-688358/
To view our previous featured recipes, view the Recipe Archive.