home, ccpe, kennesaw state university college of continuing and professional education College of Continuing and Professional Education

Have you served your country through the US Armed Forces?

Active duty and honorably discharged members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard may qualify for military education benefits. Military education benefits may provide reimbursement for certificate programs, based upon GI Bill coverage and length of service. Funding is available for those classes taking place in the classroom only and is not available for test preparation courses, or online programs.

Many veterans can benefit from the Post-9/11 GI Bill which provides financial support for education for those individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days of that date. The service member must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for this funding and benefits can also apply to those on active duty, their spouse and children.

To apply, or see approved certificate programs, visit http://www.gibill.va.gov. For assistance over the phone, call 1-888-GIBILL1. For further information and eligibility requirements, contact the Base Education Officer or Office. Once a Certificate of Eligibility has been issued, contact Registration at the College of Continuing and Professional Education at 470-578-6765 or email CEFinancialAid@kennesaw.edu.

Are you the spouse of someone who is on active duty?

Another unique program offers financial assistance to military spouses. The Department of Defense's MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Account) offers up to $4,000 to military spouses who are interested in pursuing continuing education (including certificate and online courses), degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields.

Spouses of active duty and activated National Guard and Reserve Service members are eligible for MyCAA. Military spouses who are military members themselves are not eligible for MyCAA.

To get started, visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/default.aspx to create a MyCAA Account. Once a profile is created, the Department of Defense will provide notification of eligibility status through the MyCAA messaging system. You will want to select Continuing Education at Kennesaw State University when you apply on the AI Portal. For assistance, contact a Military OneSource Career Consultant at 1-800-342-9647.

Are you or your spouse currently deployed?

National Guard and Military Reserve personnel who are currently deployed overseas, as well as the children of Wounded Warriors can request funding for their kids camp programs? Click here for details!

Are you the spouse or dependent of:

If so, you may be eligible for a Folds of Honor Scholarship. Check here for eligibility requirements.

Questions should be directed to the Folds of Honor organization. Click here for their contact information.

We are honored to serve your continuing education needs. For more information, call 470-578-6765 or email CEFinancialAid@kennesaw.edu.