Loud and Clear: Managing Interpersonal Interactions
Kennesaw State University- Continuing Education Center
3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw , GA 30144
October 15, 2012
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In everyday interactions, most of us communicate effectively without a lot of conscious thought about the skills and process we are using. However, when an interaction is critical, it’s important to consciously use communication skills to ensure that both parties feel heard and understood, and when the issue is difficult or complex, an interaction process can ensure the conversation stays on track.
- Understanding the interpersonal and financial costs of miscommunication, conflict and a general lack of collaboration and cooperation.
- How unmet expectations and conflict lead to cynicism and a slow march to mediocrity.
- How dynamics such as competing demands, deadlines, pressure for results and political self-interest make organizations a breeding ground for communication problems and conflict.
- The nine critical skills that ensure people feel heard and understood.
- The action steps that provide a process to ensure that difficult and complex conversations stay on track.
- Improve effectiveness by fine-tuning your communication skills.
- Effectively resolve interpersonal conflicts and poor job performance problems.
- Build productive, long-term relationships built on trust and respect.
- Communicate with more ease and confidence.
- Clearly communicate your expectations to co-workers, vendors, and customers to avoid confusion and gain commitment.
Mr. Ron Remillard, Remillard and Associates, Inc.
Mr. Ron Remillard is a training and development professional based in Atlanta, Georgia. Ron has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of training including needs assessment, curriculum design and development, training delivery, on-the-job reinforcement and coaching, performance support tools and measurement and evaluation strategies. On the development side, Ron is experienced in change management, process improvement, organizational design, and talent management.Ron began his training career with First Atlanta Corporation where he designed and taught management skills programs and led organization development interventions. As a consultant for Wilson Learning Corporation and MOHR Development, Inc., Ron delivered training and consulting services to Fortune 500 organizations. As a Director at Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Ron established the Sales Training & Development Institute where he designed curricula for sales and customer service organizations across fourteen divisions and conducted performance improvement interventions for manufacturing, distribution and B2B businesses. Currently, Ron operates his own consulting firm, Remillard & Associates, Inc. Ron earned a BS in Psychology from Berry College and a Masters in Business Management from Central Michigan State University.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
The registration deadline is October 10, 2012.
The registration fee is $175.00 and includes:
|All training materials.|
$35 Off for KSU Faculty, Staff, and Alumni!
$45 Off for KSU Students!
If you have special needs, please contact us by October 10, 2012.
To cancel your registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.