Overview: The purpose of this specific training series is to provide additional knowledge and appropriate tools needed in order to assure improvement in management skills and enhance the development of leadership capacity of KSU managers. This series will also create understanding and application of KSU policies and procedures. The overall goal is to maximize leadership performance, job competencies and resourcefulness that will assist mid-managers in being successful in their administrative role.
Independent contractor, Eileen Gray, has been identified as the Development Dimensions International (DDI) certified facilitator to provide the foundation courses in KSU’s management development series. Internal subject matter experts have been identified to conduct those courses that are KSU specific. The Center for University Learning will facilitate all programming logistics.
Develop leaders who can:
- Exhibit a balance of management and leadership skills to enhance individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and execute their unit’s and KSU’s mission and strategies.
- Build an engaged and committed workforce.
- Successfully manage change.
- Coach for success and help build KSU’s growth through its people.
- Foster a culture of accountability.
- Develop decision-making and problem-solving skill sets that are appropriate and timely.
- Understand and implement KSU policies and procedures.
- Build awareness and prevention of discrimination in the workplace: EEO procedures and best practices.
- Develop diversity awareness and build on multicultural and inclusive competencies.