KSU Smoking Policy
Kennesaw State University has a responsibility to its employees and students to provide a safe and healthy environment. Research findings show that tobacco use in general, including smoking and breathing secondhand smoke, constitutes a significant health hazard. In addition to causing direct health hazards, smoking contributes to institutional costs in other ways, including fire damage, cleaning and maintenance costs, and costs associated with employee absenteeism, health care, and medical insurance.
This smoking policy seeks to guarantee non-smokers the right to work in air free of tobacco smoke, while also taking account of the needs of those who smoke. Effective January1, 2006 Kennesaw State University is a Restricted Smoking Campus. Therefore, the following policy regarding tobacco has been set:
Smoking is prohibited on all university properties
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking is permitted in outside designated areas only.
- For the purposes of this policy, smoking is defined as burning any type of tobacco product including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes.
- Organizers and attendees at public events, such as conferences, meetings, public lectures, social events and cultural events, using Kennesaw State University facilities will be required to abide by the University Tobacco Policy. Organizers of such events are responsible for communicating this policy to attendees and for enforcing this policy.
- All outdoor smoking areas shall be clearly marked with signs.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Kennesaw State University vehicles.
- Convocation & Kennesaw Hall
- Burruss Building
- Student Center
- Willingham Hall
- Legacy Gazebo
- Wilson & Music
- Athletic Fields
- KSU Center
- Campus Services
- Chastain Pointe
- Science & Clendenin
- Houses on Frey Lake Rd
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to directly and politely inform those unaware of the policy, or remind those in disregard of it. If this effort is unsuccessful, the individual in violation of this policy may be subject to appropriate disciplinary actions as defined by KSU employment policy. Students may also be subject to campus disciplinary procedures where sanctions are possible.
When observed, officers will approach those that are not in compliance, ask that they comply, and answer questions regarding the policy. Officers will not discuss the fairness of the policy. Violators may be charged with applicable state and or/or county ordinances. Officers will not respond to anonymous calls reporting smoking policy violations.
We ask for your cooperation.
Material Safety Datasheet (MSDS)
Currently No Student Vacancies.
Please check back for openings
EHS - General
Dial - 6666