Master of Arts in Teaching
CHINESE or SPANISH
NEXT COHORT starts Spring 2016
The MAT is an initial certification program leading to P-12 teacher certification in Chinese or Spanish.
Advanced Content Study
You will earn 9 graduate credits in Chinese or Spanish in the following areas:
- Culture (3 credits)
- Linguistics (3 credits)
- Literature (3 credits)
As a KSU graduate, you will have the required knowledge and skills
to be an effective teacher, versed in:
- Current teaching methodologies
- Theories & best practices in curriculum and assessment
- Student learning styles & strategies
- Second language acquisition
- The integration of technology in teaching
You will have extensive opportunities to observe and teach in P-12 classrooms:
- Year-long Clinical Practice II (4 credit hours/20-40 hours per week)
- Year-long Clinical Practice II (5 credit hours/20-40 hours per week) )
Current Teachers Welcome!
If you are currently teaching but are not fully certified, this is the perfect opportunity to earn your Clear, Renewable Teaching Certificate at the T-5 level. Classes during the school year are in the evening and your own classroom serves as your field experience site.
Application deadline: November 1, 2015
For more information, please contact Dr. Jaime Cruz-Ortiz (firstname.lastname@example.org)