Master of Arts in Teaching
CHINESE or SPANISH
NEXT COHORT starts SUMMER 2014
The Master of Arts in Teaching is an initial certification program leading to P-12 teacher certification in Chinese or Spanish.
Advanced Content Study
You will earn 18 graduate credits in Chinese or Spanish in the following areas:
- Culture (6 credits)
- Linguistics (6 credits)
- Literature (6 credits)
As a KSU graduate, you will have the required knowledge and skills
to be an effective teacher, versed in:
- Current teaching methodologies
- Theories & best practices in curriculum and assessment
- Student learning styles & strategies
- Second language acquisition
- The integration of technology in teaching
You will have extensive opportunities to observe and teach in P-12 classrooms:
- Practicum I (30 hours/semester)
- Practicum II (20 hours/week)
- Practicum III (40 hours/week)
Current Teachers Welcome!
If you are currently teaching but are not fully certified, this is the perfect opportunity to earn your Clear, Renewable Teaching Certificate at the T-5 level. Classes during the school year are in the evening and your own classroom serves as your field experience site.
Application deadline: March 1, 2014
For more information, please contact Dr. Anja Bernardy (email@example.com)