AGENDA, October 16, 2013
I. Review of September 18 minutes
II. Gen. Ed. Assessment Update - Tom Doleys (3:30-3:45)
- Proposal for change to core area D (Natural Science) learning outcome
- Old language: Students apply the scientific method to analyze data related to natural phenomena found in everyday life.
- New language: Students will use scientific reasoning to understand physical and/or life science phenomena.
III. Curriculog Presentation - Jamie Grimes, Jennifer Figueroa, David Baugher, Jennifer Wade-Berg, and Val Whittlesey (3:45-4:00)
IV. General Education Mini Core Demo - Kim West, John Smith, and Kevin George (4:00-4:20)
V. Policy Reminder - Change in existing General Education Courses - Val Whittlesey
- Approvals - KSU General Education Council > UPCC
- Approvals - USG Academic Advisory Committee > USG Gen. Ed. Council
VI. ENGL 2110 (World Literature) - core area C - course description change - 1st review - Beth Daniell (4:25-4:30)
VII. MATH 1107 (Elementary Statistics) - core area D - prerequisite and course description change - 1st review -Bruce Thomas (4:30-4:35)
VIII. COM 1109 (Human Communication) - core area B - remove from core area F for Communication majors and suggest it for general education - 1st review - Jan Phillips (4:35-4:40)
IX. Update on Presentation and Conference - AAC&U Global Learning in College: Asking Big Questions, Engaging Urgent Challenges - Tom Doleys, Margaret Baldwin, and Gail Scott (4:40-4:50)
- Wednesday, November 20, 3:30-5:00, Leadership Room