Institute for Global Initiatives
DISTINGUISHED INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
Nomination Deadline: February 15, 2014
This award recognizes the accomplishments of a local community member who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in and commitment to international outreach and engagement through a project or initiative that has realized sustained impact within our local community. This recipient will have demonstrated outstanding effectiveness in international outreach and engagement and should serve as a compelling example of international community engagement to current KSU students, faculty, and alumni.
The winner will receive a plaque to be presented at the International Achievement Awards Celebration, hosted by Kennesaw State University’s Office of the President, Office of the Provost and The Institute for Global Initiatives.
- Represent an international community organization.
- Not be a current employee of the University.
- Be an individual whose activities reflect the objectives of service, pragmatism and idealism embodied by the educational mission of Kennesaw State University.
- Strengthen public support for global and community engagement in higher education, and to elevate the global/community engagement of universities worldwide.
- Financially support the ongoing work of university-based global initiatives
- Provide a sustainable framework for global engagement activities
- Facilitate a reciprocal relationship with KSU that integrates scholarship and learning and impacts the engagement partnership
- Demonstrate collaborative engagement partnerships to address community needs and educational objectives;
- The committee will evaluate and rank all nominations, recommending up to three nominees to the Senior International Officer.
- Nominators will be notified regarding the status of their nomination(s) in July.
- Nominations will roll over for up to two academic years as long as the nominee continues to meet all of the eligibility requirements. Nominations do not have to be updated in order to be included in the next award cycle, but nominators will be invited (and are encouraged) to submit updated material each year.