GPCC Policies and Procedures
Major Changes and New Proposals:
- Proposals are to be submitted on the appropriate forms.
- Proposals must be submitted to the committee chair via e-mail (GPCC@kennesaw.edu) a minimum of two weeks before the date of the first reading.
- An executive summary must accompany the proposals upon submission to the committee chair (a minimum of two weeks before the date of the first reading).
- Each proposal must be submitted as an electronic attachment either as a Word document file or a portable document format (pdf) file.
- Proposals will be posted to the GPCC web site.
- The original and signature page can be delivered to the committee chair through campus mail or hand delivered at the time of the first reading.
- A representative from the department submitting the proposal must be present at the first and second readings or the proposal will be tabled.
- Proposals without the proper signatures and those that are not in the correct format will be tabled.
- All proposals must have the first reading completed before or during the last February meeting (with the second reading on or before the last March meeting), in order to be included in the following year’s catalog.
Minor Changes to Programs:
- Minor changes to existing programs consist of:
- Changes to program admissions standards
- Changes/clarifications/corrections to the program’s catalog description
- Minor program changes can be presented in memorandum form, and approved by the GPCC with a single reading.
Minor Changes To Courses : EZ Form
- Minor changes are defined as a change to one of the following
Multiple changes to any combination of title, numbering, or description DO NOT constitute a Minor Change, and must go through the full proposal approval process.
Changes that appear to be more than simple editing changes must go through the full proposal approval process (committee chair discretion).
Proposals that meet the criteria as being minor changes are exempt from the two-week submission prior to the first reading rule.
- change to the title of a course
- simple editing changes to a course description
- course deletions
- course numbering changes
- Actions require a quorum of voting members (8; there are a total of 14 voting members—10 faculty; 3 administrators; 1 student).
- A simple majority approves an issue.
- Deliberation format will be
- Presentation of proposal
- Floor open for motions; voting and non-voting members can make a motion.
- Motions require a second (voting and non-voting members can second a motion).
- For motions to be approved, a simple majority of voting members is required.
- New Doctoral Degree Procedures as of 1/12/10
- New Master's Degree Procedures as of 1/12/10
- KSU Graduate Certificate Programs Policy as of 12/2/09
- Kennesaw State University Guidelines for New Academic Programs
- Applied Doctoral Degree Supplemental Criteria as of 1/12/10
- External Programs & Distance Education Proposals & Principles as of 2/2/10
- Cross Listing Policy