Great Books Program Benefits
- Designated recognition on final transcript.
- Reserved priority registration for first 3 semesters.
- All first-year full-time students entering KSU with fewer than 15 credits hours are required to take a first-year seminar (KSU 1101, 1111, 1121, or 1200) OR enroll in a Learning Community. This first-year requirement must be satisfied during the student's first term of enrollment at KSU. Students who join the Great Books Honors cohort will enroll in a dedicated learning community during the fall semester, thereby satisfying this requirement via the second option.
- Exclusive study abroad in Montepulciano, Italy.
- Participation in this program should satisfy all but two of the Honors Program elements in the first year!
- Great Books class sizes are capped at approximately 20 students and are taught only by full time faculty.
- As with all Honors students, participants in the Great Books program enjoy the opportunity of an enriched mentor relationship with KSU faculty.