If, prior to the Housing Contract start date, you provide notice to Housing that you will not be attending Kennesaw State University or that your final status is not accepted to Kennesaw State University, you may cancel your Housing Contract. You will, however, forfeit all fees paid. You will be required to sign a Pending Cancellation Form. This form can either be picked up at the Housing office located at 3805 Canton Place, Kennesaw, GA 30144 or can be emailed, faxed or mailed to you at your request.

Termination Fee

Once you sign the Housing Contract you have a contractual obligation to pay for the full contract. In the event that you have to vacate your apartment, you may find an appropriate person to take over your contract (reassignment) or you may request to terminate your contract (termination). The termination fee is 50% of your remaining contract or equal to 3 month’s rent, whichever is greater.


To avoid paying a termination fee, students can opt to do a room re-assignment. If a student would like to re-assign their room it is the student’s responsibility to find someone to take over their contract. Once their room has been re-assigned, they will be contacted by the assignment coordinator with additional information. The re-assignment fee is $200.00; you are rent responsible until you find someone to take over your contract.