A workshop is a training session presented by employees of the Internal Audit Department to departmental staff and management members.
Management chooses the topic(s) to be presented during the workshops from a list of available options (shown below).
This workshop offers management the option of choosing one or more of the following high-risk financial and compliance topics:
- Petty Cash (30 minutes)
- Purchasing Card (P-Card) (30 minutes)
- Travel (30 minutes)
- Cash Handling (30 minutes)
- General Expenditures (30 minutes)
Risks and Internal Controls (1 hour or 2 hour session)
This workshop teaches the basics of risks and internal controls, such as:
- What are risks?
- What are internal controls?
- What are the types and components of internal controls?
- How to identify risks and develop internal controls to reduce the risks?
Tools to Help Departments Identify Risks (30 minutes)
This workshop teaches departmental employees how to identify risks by using brainstorming, multi-voting, and consensus voting techniques.
Return to Our Services