Final Grades and Grade Submission
The final deadline for all grades is 5:00 pm each semester.
5pm, May 10, 2014
|December Minimester 2013||
5pm, January 9, 2014
Federal reguluations governing the disbursement of financial aid require institutions to verify student attendance in class.
To comply with these reguluations, the following grades are to be used at the time of final grade submission each semester.
NA - students who never attended class (if you kept attendance) or who never
participated in an academic related activity (e.g., never submitted an
assignment, participated in online discussion about academic matters, contacted
faculty member about the material in the course),
"Academic attendance" and "attendance in an academically related activity" do not include activities where a student may be present, but not academically engaged, such as: logging into an online class without active participating, or attending an on-campus course without any level of active participationg on particiaping in academic counseling or advisement, (effective Fall 2013)
W - students who attended at some point then stopped attending before or on the “Last Day to Withdraw Without Academic Penalty” date, (effective Spring 2014)
WF - students who attended at some point then stopped attending after the “Last Day to Withdraw Without Academic Penalty” date (faculty have discretion, but students who clearly stopped attending at some point after this date should receive a WF, whereas those who miss the last few classes and/or final exam should simply receive an F), (effective Spring 2014)
Submitting Final Grades
Faculty with a Buckley form on file in the Registrar’s Office will have access to the final grade roster through the Faculty tab in Owl Express. If the Faculty tab is not available, the faculty member must submit a completed Buckley form to the Office of the Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Kennesaw.edu webpage.
- Click on the "Owl Express" link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the NETID and Password to access OWL Express. New faculty members who have not previously logged into Owl Express see "New Faculty" section below.
- Select Faculty Services tab and then select Final Grade Submission.
- All sections that have been assigned to a faculty member will be in the drop down menu. Only the primary faculty member will have access to enter the grades. Select the CRN to enter the final grades and select Submit CRN.
- When entering grades for each student on the final grade submission roll, faculty may use the pull down menu or enter a grade. By using the mouse or pressing Tab, faculty may move to the next student.
- Faculty must click on Submit at the end of each page to officially submit grades. Grades will not be saved unless this action is taken.
- When finished, log off the system by selecting (clicking) on the EXIT button.
- There is a 60 minute time limit on this screen for security purposes.
- Only 50 students at a time display on the screen. To access the additional students in the course, choose the appropriate record grouping at the top or bottom of the screen.
- During the time period when the system is available, you may change/enter grades as frequently as you like.
- Once a grade has been submitted, it is immediately available for viewing online.