See Academic Programs and Majors link from the University Catalog. Additional Degree Policies and Requirements
- Successful completion of courses listed as required in the catalog ("C" required in ENGL 1101, 1102 and ALL courses satisfying Lower Division Major Requirements Major course requirements, and Major Electives ).
- Successful completion of Legislative Requirements (U.S./American History and U.S./American Government)
- Minimum Adjusted GPA requirement as required in undergraduate catalog. (2.0 for most majors; some programs require a higher GPA).
- Minimum of 123 semester hours of college level work (some programs require additional hours).
- Minimum of 39 hours must be at 3000-4000 level.
- KSU residency requirement: Minimum of 33 hours must be completed in Coles for BBA - 30 hours must be completed at KSU for all other majors.
- Major residency requirement: 24 hours of 3000-4000 level Major coursework must be earned at KSU.
- Minimum of 60 hours must be earned at KSU to be eligible for Honors.
- If Fresh Start student, 60 hours must be earned after fresh start.
- 3.5 cum laude, 3.7 magna cum laude, 3.9 summa cum laude – Grade point averages will NOT be rounded.
This audit does not verify that entrance requirements into programs and prerequisites for courses needed have been satisfied. Additional rules apply to students seeking double majors, two degrees and second degrees.
Each candidate for a master’s or doctoral degree must petition to graduate through the individual program director. A student may request in absentia status by writing to the registrar prior to the graduation exercises. Subject to the limitations and qualifications stated elsewhere in this catalog, the requirements for an advanced degree are as follows:
- A Petition to Graduate must be filed at the beginning of the semester and no later than mid-term preceding the final semester. This form may be obtained from the program director’s office.
- A student must complete a minimum of 27 hours of degree requirements at Kennesaw State University. Candidates for a second master’s degree at Kennesaw State must earn a minimum of 18 additional hours in excess of any hours used toward the first master’s degree (the exact number of hours will depend on specific degree requirements).
- Degree candidates must have earned a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 calculated on all graduate courses attempted at KSU and a grade of “C” or better in each course presented to meet degree requirements. With the approval of the Graduate Policy and Curriculum Committee, individual degree programs may establish additional graduation requirements (e.g., comprehensive exams, thesis).
Graduating with Honors
Graduation with honor for the bachelor's degree requires that students have an adjusted GPA of at least 3.5 and earn at least 60 semester credit hours in residence at Kennesaw State University.
At commencement, Kennesaw State University recognizes honors for undergraduate students as defined by University Policy: Summa Cum Laude (3.90 - 4.00), Magna Cum Laude (3.70 - 3.89), Cum Laude (3.50 - 3.69) and Honors Program Graduates. Master's degree students with a cumulative GPA of 4.0 in all graduate-level course work are eligible for Graduate Student Honors.
Membership in an honor society is independent from KSU graduation honor policy. See the honor society advisor for honor cords.