DegreeWorks is a web-based tool that provides real-time advice on degree progression. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. DegreeWorks is available to undergraduate students who entered KSU in Fall 2008 or who have a catalog year equal to Fall 2008 or later. DegreeWorks is also available to graduate students who either entered a program of study Fall 2011 (or later) or who are following catalog requirements of Fall 2011 or later. Students can access DegreeWorks through Owl Express. Students who entered prior to Fall 2008 should continue to meet with their academic advisor concerning degree progression.
- The degree compliance audits produced by DegreeWorks are dependent on a student’s major/concentration. Data are extracted from the Student Information System into DegreeWorks on a nightly basis. Any request to change Degree Program Information (majors/concentrations) or a student’s catalog year will not be reflected in DegreeWorks until 24-48 hours after approval from the academic department.
- Students who have not declared a major must use the “What-If option” and select an intended major and concentration, if applicable, to view a degree compliance audit.
DegreeWorks for Internet Explorer Users
Internet Explorer users will need to go into IE under Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab , the option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" under the Security options and check the box. With this setting, DegreeWorks will function properly.
- Status = 3701 Major is undeclared. Click on the What-If option on the left and select a major to view degree requirements.
- Resolution: Student is either an undeclared major or their Catalog Year is prior to 200808 (Fall 2008). Use the What-If functionality to produce a degree audit.
- Status = 4 No Message Displayed
- Resolution: A degree audit has not been run for this student. Wait 24-48 hours. If student entered KSU in Fall 2008 or later and audit does not appear, contact the Registrar’s Office at 770-423-6200.
- Which students will DegreeWorks produce a degree audit for?
- Answer: DegreeWorks should only be used to evaluate degree progress for: -Undergraduate students who first entered KSU in Fall 2008 or later -Undergraduate students who have a Catalog Year equal to Fall 2008
- How does DegreeWorks determine which set of degree requirements to use?
- Answer: DegreeWorks uses a student’s Catalog Year to determine the set of degree requirements to use when producing a degree audit.
- What is a Catalog Year?
- Answer:The catalog year determines which catalog/degree requirements students follow to obtain a degree. Students/Advisors may update the catalog year to Fall 2008 or later by submitting a “Catalog Year Update” form to the Registrar’s Office. This form is located under the “Forms” section on the Registrar’s website.
- Can DegreeWorks be used to produce a CORE Evaluation?
- Answer: Yes, if a student has declared a major (interests included). Students who have not declared a major must use the What-If option to produce a degree audit.
- How often is the data extracted from Banner into DegreeWorks?
- Answer: DegreeWorks data is refreshed nightly from the Banner Student Information System. Any modifications made to student data in Banner (i.e. registration, change of major, change of grades, etc.) will be reflected in DegreeWorks within 24-48 hours.
- How does DegreeWorks handle repeated courses?
DegreeWorks adheres to KSU’s repeat polices when producing a degree audit.
Repeating D, F and/or WF Grades: When undergraduate courses with earned grades of D, F and/or WF are repeated with a C or higher grade, the lower grades will be placed in the Insufficient Course Block. The A, B or C grade will be used in the degree audit.
All D, F and WF grades repeated with a C or higher grade will not be included in the calculation of the KSU Adjusted GPA.
Repeating A, B and/or C Grades: When undergraduate courses with earned grades of A, B and/or C are repeated with a C or higher grade, the highest grade will be used in the degree audit and all other grades will be placed in the Insufficient Course Block.
All A, B and C grades are included in the calculation of the KSU Adjusted GPA. Note: Courses that are repeatable (i.e., SA 4490, etc.) will be used by DegreeWorks multiple times.