Military Transfer Credit Policy
Military Transfer Credit may be awarded for undergraduate students accepted to Kennesaw State University Fall 2012 or later that have served in the U.S. Military and who desire to have their military training and experience considered for transfer credit. Students may have the option of accepting or declining up to 12 semester hours of undergraduate elective transfer credits towards a degree program, if applicable. Students must submit official AARTS or SMART transcripts to the Office of the Registrar Graduation, Audit, Transfer, and Evaluation Services (G.A.T.E.S.).
- Transfer credit will be awarded from official AARTS or SMART transcripts utilizing ACE Guidelines. Military training and experience with a credit recommendation at the lower-division and upper-division baccalaureate degree category level is evaluated.
- DEADLINE to submit is the last day of drop/add during first term of enrollment at KSU
- Once a decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid.
- Acceptance of Military Credit toward student’s degree program may affect financial aid eligibility. Questions regarding financial aid eligibility should be forwarded to a financial aid representative in the Office of Financial Aid at KSU.
Student will follow degree requirements as listed below:
- Complete a minimum of thirty semester hours in residence at KSU (Coles College of Business requires thirty three hours)
- Twenty four of the thirty residence hours must be upper-division major requirements
- The remaining residency requirement of twenty of the last thirty hours preceding graduation will be waived.
- Complete all other degree requirements
- Student completes Military Transfer Credit Agreement on line Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form.
- Student submits the Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form via email to email@example.com or mail to: Office of the Registrar, Attn: G.A.T.E.S, MBX 0116, Kennesaw State University, 585 Cobb Avenue NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
or submit in person to the Office of the Registrar, G.A.T.E.S., Kennesaw Hall, during normal business hours
- Completed form is reviewed by the Office of the Registrar G.A.T.E.S. (Graduation, Audit, Transfer, and Evaluation Services)
- Once approved, a maximum of 12 semester hours of elective transfer credit will be applied to the student record. Department Chair approval is required for possible substitutions to specific degree requirements.
- Once the decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid.