Military Transfer Credit FAQs

Can I transfer my military training credits toward a degree at KSU?

After being accepted to KSU, students who wish to have their military training and experience considered for transfer credit must submit an AARTS or SMART transcript to the Office of the Registrar, attention Graduation Audit, Transfer, and Evaluation Services (G.A.T.E.S.).

To initiate review, students must submit completed Military Transfer Credit Agreement form via email to or by fax: 770.423.6541 or mail to: Office of the Registrar, Attn: GATES, MBX 0116, Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, GA 30144 or submit in person to the Office of the Registrar, GATES, Kennesaw Hall, during normal business hours.

Credits that are deemed to be appropriate for college level credit according to ACE guidelines will be reviewed. Elective credit will be awarded according to students' request and the requirements of students' program of study. Once credits are awarded, credits may not be removed. A maximum of 12 semester hours of credit may be awarded.

Can the decision to award transfer credit for military training and experience be reversed?

No. Once a decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid.

When is the deadline to submit the Military Transfer Credit Agreement form and my AARTS or SMART transcript?

Students are encouraged to submit all documents well in advance of the first day of classes of the first term of enrollment and no later than the end of Drop/Add.

How many military transfer credit hours can I receive?

A maximum of 12 semester hours of undergraduate elective transfer credits may be awarded for military training and experience.

How will I be notified of the results from the transfer credit evaluation?

When transfer credit is awarded, notification is sent to student's KSU student email account.

Will I receive HPS 1000 credit?

The HPS 1000 course focuses on the importance of physical activity, nutrition, stress and weight management, and has a wellness or health-related fitness component. Credit for HPS 1000 is not available at this time.

If I enrolled at KSU prior to Fall 2012, does this new military transfer credit policy apply to me?

Transfer credit for military training and experience is reserved only for those students admitting to KSU Fall 2012 and later.

For other questions or inquiries contact: Office of Registrar, GATES at