Military Transfer Credit Policy
Military Transfer Credit may be awarded for undergraduate students accepted to Kennesaw State University Fall 2012 or later that have served in the U.S. Military and who desire to have their military training and experience considered for transfer credit. Students may have the option of accepting or declining up to 12 semester hours of undergraduate elective transfer credits towards a degree program, if applicable. Students must submit official AARTS or SMART transcripts and the Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form to the Office of the Registrar Graduation, Audit, Transfer, and Evaluation Services (G.A.T.E.S.).
Eligibility for Military Transfer Credits
- Transfer credit will be awarded from official AARTS or SMART transcripts utilizing ACE Guidelines. Military training and experience with a credit recommendation at the lower-division and upper-division baccalaureate degree category level is evaluated.
- DEADLINE for students to SUBMIT the Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form is the last day of drop/add during the student’s first term of enrollment at KSU.
- Once a decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid.
- Military Transfer Credit Agreements submitted and/or requested after the last day of drop/add during the student’s first term of enrollment at KSU will be denied.
- Due to financial aid regulations, there are no exceptions to the deadline.
- Acceptance of Military Credit toward student’s degree program may affect financial aid eligibility. Questions regarding financial aid eligibility should be forwarded to a financial aid representative in the Office of Student Financial Aid at KSU.
Military Credit and Degre Requirements
Student will follow degree requirements as listed below:
- Complete a minimum of thirty semester hours in residence at KSU (Coles College of Business requires thirty three hours)
- Twenty four of the thirty residence hours must be upper-division major requirements
- The remaining residency requirement of twenty of the last thirty hours preceding graduation will be waived.
- Complete all other degree requirements
How to Request Military Transfer Credit
- Student completes Military Transfer Credit Agreement online Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form.
- Student submits the Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form in person to the Office of the Registrar, G.A.T.E.S., Kennesaw Hall, during normal business hours
or by the following avenues. Military Transfer Credit Agreement Form and AARTS or SMART transcripts MUST BE submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than the last day of Drop/Add during the students first term of enrollment at KSU.
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Fax: 678-747-6947
- Via Mail:
- Office of the Registrar, Attn: G.A.T.E.S,
- Kennesaw State University, MBX 0116
- 1000 Chastain Road
- Kennesaw, GA 30144
- Completed form is reviewed by the Office of the Registrar G.A.T.E.S. (Graduation, Audit, Transfer, and Evaluation Services)
- Once approved, a maximum of 12 semester hours of elective transfer credit will be applied to the student record. Department Chair approval is required for possible substitutions to specific degree requirements.
- Once the decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid.