10 Tips for Scholarship Essay Writing:
|1. Carefully read the essay instructions and be sure you understand them clearly.
2. Select your topic and organize your thoughts using an outline.
3. Include all required aspects in your outline.
4. Write your essay by expanding on each point in your outline.
5. Use clear concise language.
6. When stating your accomplishments, do so without coming across as if you are bragging.
7. Make sure your grammar, punctuation, and spelling are correct.
8. Re-read the essay question, be sure you have covered all the requirements.
9. Have at least two people proof read your essay before submitting it.
10. You may contact the writing center for essay writing assistance.
Click here to review these tips
Tips on writing thank you letters
All students who receive a scholarship are required to submit a thank you letter as a criteria condition of receiving your award.
- One page is sufficient.
- Donors like to know something about the person who is receiving their scholarship.
- Why you chose your major.
- How receiving this award will help you achieve your acadmeic goals.
- What organizations you are a part of, or what you do to serve your community.
- What you would like to do with your degree.
- Thank the donor for their support instead of thanking them for selecting you, donors don't choose the scholarship recipient.
- You must proof read your letter. If you do not and there are errors you will be required to submit a corrected letter.
- Print your name and sign.
- Letter must be submitted online, you may also send the original or a hand written note to the office of scholarships.
Click here for a Sample thank you letter
Student consent to release information (FERPA)
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, Kennesaw State University must obtain written consent from a student before releasing the financial aid records of that student to a third party. Such written consent must be signed and dated by the student, specify the records to be released, state the purpose of the release, and identify the party or class of parties to whom release may be made. If awarded a scholarship that requires your information to be submitted to a third party/donor you wll be required to download a copy of the FERPA form, sign it and deliver it to the Office of Scholarships. Click here to download FERPA form