Our theme this year for Staff Senate is
LEADER-READY. It is an acronym of sorts for Learning. Engaging. Able-minded.
Determined. Every Responsibility Requires an Energetic and Dedicated You!
Our LEADER-READY theme supports our 3rd goal as described in our By-laws:
Educate the KSU community on the importance of professional staff
development and career enhancement opportunities. Throughout the year, we
will focus on Staff leadership opportunities and how we can increase those
opportunities for all Staff.
We plan to build on Past-President Chimeno’s
theme of “Communication is the Key to Success” by continuing to work with
campus committees, administrators, the State Staff Council and the Board of
Regents. I am honored to represent the Staff of Kennesaw State University
not only on PPBAC and the University Council but also as a voting member of
the University System of Georgia Staff Council.
The Staff Senate acts as an organized voice
to promote the general interests of the Staff. We disseminate information
and provide opportunities for Staff members to actively serve the
University. Through Staff Senate meetings, we provide an open forum for the
free expression of ideas and concerns. Together, we make a difference!
The Staff Senate is committed to building
stronger bonds within the staff and encouraging cooperation between the
staff, faculty, students, administration, and the Board of Trustees for the
benefit of the University. It shall provide an opportunity for all Staff
members at Kennesaw State University to show and be shown compassion. It
will also serve as the key player in maintaining a workplace that encourages
input from all staff in creating a harmonious environment. The Staff Senate
will continue to work for positive participation in constructive endeavors
that benefit the University and the Staff representation.
Here are just a few dedicated goals the Staff
Senate has exemplified:
- Improved communication and further
developed good working relationships with other areas of the University.
- Sustained a working culture that enables
Staff to contribute their best to the KSU.
- Promoted and facilitated Staff
participation in the University community and furthered the University’s
missions by encouraging increased Staff participation.
Some of the goals for this year’s Staff
- Look for and encourage leadership
opportunities for all Staff members.
- Continue to be an advocate for all staff
and to represent staff interests through regular contact with
administrators and on appropriate committees.
- Create new ideas that have potential to
improve University leadership.
- Continue to solicit points of discussion
from the KSU staff community through agenda requests and an open forum.
- Continue efforts to improve
communication among various campus agencies in order to build the Staff
Senate into a more effective representative body for the Staff.
- The Staff Senate is committed to lead by
example by an increase in Senator participation in all Staff Senate
- Encourage the professional growth and
development of all Staff members.
- Positively affect the University’s
- Staff Senate meetings are open to
everyone; they are held the third Tuesday of each month.
- Your ideas and emails are important to
us. Please email
- We need your participation on
committees. You do not have to be an elected Senator to serve.
- Get to know your Staff Senator. See the
roster on our website
- The Staff Senate votes on issues and
projects that represent all staff.
- All full time benefited employees who
have passed their 6-month probationary period are eligible to serve. So,
if a seat is open in your area, you can be a Staff Senator!
Thank you for your support of Staff Senate in
the past and the future!
FY13 Staff Senate President
The Staff Senate, one of the governance and standing committees at Kennesaw State University, supports and facilitates the mission of the university “to be a progressive and exemplary educational institution, respected for its excellence and leadership.”
Members of the Staff Senate:
- Act as a collective voice for presenting the concerns and needs of the KSU staff to the University administrators.
- Enthusiastically embrace a commitment to excellence.
- Strive to improve the working environment of the staff, thereby contributing to the ethical principles, diversity, unity, and strength of the entire campus community.
- Recognize that the morale of the staff is an indicator of the health of the institution, and, therefore, endeavor to elevate the morale level on campus so that KSU staff can be positive ambassadors of the University in the greater Atlanta community area and beyond.
View this month's Staff
Employee of the Month or fill out the Employee of
the Month online nomination form.
Be sure to check
The System Supplement - a
monthly report of the Georgia Board of Regents
Complete the FEEDBACK FORM or contact the
Staff Senate President, Vanessa Biggers, by phone at x2415 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!