Employee of the Month Nomination Form
The Staff Employee of the Month is supervised and awarded throughout the year by Staff Awards and Recognition Committee, made up of members of Staff Senate. Once a month, the nominations that have been submitted are evaluated by the committee. The quality of the nomination is the basis for determining the Staff Employee of the Month. The purpose of this award is to identify individual examples of excellence. This award recognizes a staff member who consistently demonstrates a high degree of excellence, professionalism and integrity in the performance of his/her duties and who has proven his/her willingness to extend himself/herself to help others in the KSU community.
Criteria for Staff Employee of Month nominations:
- Must be a KSU staff member who is currently employed in a regular fulltime position.
- Must have completed at least one year of service in the full-time position
- Nominees will be kept on the nomination list for consideration for three months. Nominations must include a detailed summary 500 characters illustrating why the employee should be considered using one or more of the aspects ( A,B,C, or D) listed below:
- How staff employee demonstrates outstanding dedication, service and commitment to KSU through his/her respective department, campus organization, service or volunteer efforts
- How staff employee demonstrates the spirit of KSU in overall attitude and interactions with co-workers, faculty, students, and/or visitors within the individual’s position
- How staff employee’s work contribution has had a major impact on the university
- How has staff employee excelled in the performance of their duties, promoted teamwork and inspired excellence in others.
- An employee serving on the KSU Staff Senate EOM Award Committee can neither submit nominations nor be considered for nomination during their tenure on the EOM committee.
The Employee of the Month receives $100 in his/her paycheck from the KSU Foundation, a $25 gift card from the KSU Bookstore, a certificate signed by President Papp, a poster, a parking space of his/her choice for a month, and automatic nomination for Staff Employee of the Year.