Welcome to Academic Tutoring Services! We offer individualized in person and online tutoring options for current students and prospective KSU students. Our appointments are 50 minutes in duration with optional computers and resource materials. With over 30 courses taught, clients who utilize this service find our tutoring sessions to be beneficial to their academic success.
Introducing Satellite Writing Center Services
Update: Starting October 19 tutors will be available Mondays and Wednesdays from 4 -6 pm
Tutors from the Writing Center will be available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-4 pm. Writing Center tutors can help with:
- Moving forward with your writing process—whether
you have a completed draft or are still trying to
figure out how to get started.
- Focusing your topic or hone your thesis.
- Reviewing your assignment sheet and make a
checklist to make sure you meet the assignment requirements.
- Organizing your ideas into a coherent structure.
- Developing your ideas.
- Finding strategies for addressing particular problems
in a draft.
- Identifying patterns of error in grammar, punctuation, or mechanics and learn ways to address them.
- Helping identify resources you can use when your session is over.
Instructions for Online Tutoring Appointments
- Step 2: Students: Enter your name as you would like it to appear when you join the room
- Step 3: Students Click On: "Students Meet on Blackboard Collaborate"
Some of our talent! (From left to right, D.J., Akin, Edward, John, and Nnamdi)