To sign up click above link and Select "Academic Planning" under "Choose a Schedule"
In addition to our student assistants managing the Lifelong Learning Center Help Desk, an information service for students requesting campus information, the Adult Learner Programs staff offers academic planning to prospective and current adult learner, nontraditional, and commuter students. We understand that college is difficult, and we are committed to helping students. Our staff can help students with:
- Understanding General Ed course requirements
- Understanding the University-Wide Policy
- Adjusting to the college environment
- Informal discussion of financial aid policies and the KSU scholarship process
- Connecting and referring to Academic Departments
- Becoming a student leader/engaging in student organizations
- Online resources through the Adult Learner Programs - Online Community
- Providing information on Learning Support resources, Academic Tutoring, & Supplemental Instruction
- Connecting students with campus resources for academic, career, social, and personal development
- Informal resume and cover letter review
- Informal discussion of career path and goals
Academic Planning Staff
Important Mandatory Campus Advising Note
Kennesaw State University has an advising requirement for all new incoming freshman students. First-Year Students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registration for their first, second, and third terms at KSU. Please visit the First-Year & Undeclared Advising Services for more information. Transfer students who have not determined the major are advised by First-Year & Undeclared Advising Services. For advising information regarding major requirements, transfer students should contact the department of the major of interest. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students who have declared a major at KSU should schedule appointments to meet with their academic advisor. For more information on academic advising at KSU visit the Student Success Services website. Disclaimer: Adult Learner Programs is a supplemental resource and is not part of the mandatory campus advising or mandatory orientation requirement. All KSU students should seek the counsel of their academic adivsors, the department of their major, Financial Aid Office, Registrar's Office, and the professional counseling at the Counseling and Psychological Services.